Based at our Head Office in Worcester
Competitive salary - based on experience and qualifications
About Bury Associates
Bury Associates carry out land and measured building surveys throughout the UK. We are one of the market leaders at laser scanning buildings to create 3D Building Information Models, carrying out projects for some of the country’s top architects and engineers.
Due to continued business growth, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Survey Technician to carry out and process surveys and produce CAD drawings and 3D Revit Models. This is an ideal position for someone looking for an interesting career in the geospatial sector.
The role will primarily involve processing 3D point cloud laser scan data captured by our surveyors and assisting the team in creating highly detailed architectural CAD drawings and 3D Building Information Models of existing structures. Progressive training will be provided with long term opportunities for a rewarding career.
This position is based at our office in Worcester.
- Processing point cloud data brought into the office from surveying teams so it can be used to create 2D drawings and 3D computer models of existing buildings.
- Creating plans, sections & elevations of buildings & topographical surveys from survey data.
- Creating 3D models in Revit.
- Quality Assuring work produced by other members of the team.
- When required, assisting the survey team in carrying out site surveys using Laser Scanners, GPS Systems & Drones.
- A degree or a good technical qualification in a subject related to science, geography or construction.
- Ability to learn, listen and to apply detailed instructions.
- A good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office.
The following additional skills would also be helpful but are not essential:
- Experience in using Revit, AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks, Microstation, 3DS Max, Rhino, Sketchup or similar.
- Knowledge of materials and construction method.
- Knowledge of surveying systems and methods.
Competitive Salary - Based on Experience and Qualifications
Please note: We will keep your personal contact details and curriculum vitae on our files for later vacancies unless you ask us not to do so. If you would like us to delete these records, email us on [email protected] and we will notify you once we have removed the files.
All our employees work in-house at our Worcester, UK office. Under no circumstances will we use employment agencies, out-sourcing companies or free-lance staff. Applications from these sources will not be accepted.